Sunday, January 20, 2013

Get Lucky

I used to be really big on magazines. Ever since I was little I would get excited about Highlights Magazine coming in every month (anyone else remember those? You could always find them in the doctors office too!) Then it was some cat magazine (I was destined to be a cat lady...), then I started buying Bop and Tiger Beat magazines at the grocery store because I saw BSB and Hanson on the cover. Then in my younger teen years I was reading Seventeen, CosmoGirl, and TeenVogue. Eventually it all came down to the bible (aka Cosmopolitan). While I was living at home, my parents would still pay for the subscription. But when I moved out, it was all up to me. By my previous posts, I'm sure you can guess that I stopped that subscription because I can't afford to put $17 towards beauty and sex tips anymore (I guess food is more important...). Luckily the idiot tenant before us forgot to change her address, so I still got Cosmopolitan in the mail (and all her retail coupons!) I was sad to find in the mail a few weeks ago, a postcard stating that she requested a change of address. Damn, no more free magazine or free VS panty coupons. *sigh*

I was sent an e-mail once from something called E-Rewards. Now, normally I don't open up this type of e-mail, but they found me through taking a survey on Express's website, and it claimed that if I "built up enough points" I could receive rewards, such as a gift card from Express. Free money = Courtney willing to waste her time and take stupid surveys. Turns out you can also get free year magazine subscriptions too (they really sucked me in) So I started taking all these survey (they don't take very long, maybe 2 minutes) from random companies who go through E-Rewards to find out what their consumers want. You then get a money value for your time. After you've made up to like $12 (that's when the prizes are actually worth it), you can cash in your money for your choice of reward. It does not take that long to build up these points at all! I cashed in my points in December, and I can already cash in another $12 value, but I'm waiting to build up more so I can get better prizes. When I cashed in my points, I chose a year's subscription of Lucky magazine. It's no Cosmopolitan, but it's something to look forward to monthly, and what girl doesn't like looking at fashion?

Of course I was skeptical. I sometimes thought that I would never see a magazine in the mail, and that I wasted all those minutes really caring about these surveys. But Thursday came along...and viola! Lucky magazine in the mailbox. Happy Girl! Can't wait to cash in my points again (I'm thinking either People, to check out hot male celebrities, or Home and Gardens to satisfy the old soul in me.)

Check it out at E-Rewards!

No comments:

Post a Comment