Monday, December 10, 2012

Big n' Fancy

Well, I'm going to have to go against what I said in one of my previous posts; I'm going on a diet. Or atleast start watching the calories I take in. This does not mean I will refuse Christmas cookies. That's not possible for me. No self control. Feel free to send them my way.

Why am I doing this?
Because we are goin' all big and fancy for NYE at the Palmer House. I'd like to be all fancy for NYE, but not big. I figured while I have a few weeks until I stuff my face with food and alcohol, I should stick to healthier foods. I'll also be doing  my normal workout routine, just in case a cookie (or 5) just accidentally make it into my mouth.

Making a meal plan and tracking calories is a tedious task. I don't want to count them myself, and I can't make decisions on what I want to eat for dinner.

"What should we eat for dinner babe?"
"I don't care, whatever you want."
"Should we just order Thai?"
"No. I'm on a diet."
"Okay, Pizza?"
"I said...I'm on a diet!!"
"Then I guess it isn't whatever I want, huh?"


Sound familiar ladies?

What we need to do is find someone who will plan our meals, track our calories taken in (and burned!) for us...and for free! No Weight Watchers or expensive Insanity Work Out and Meal Program needed!

I've been using SparkPeople since I actually started caring about my weight. SparkPeople lets you set your own goals. You enter your starting weight, your goal weight, and when you would like to lose it by. From there, it comes up with a meal plan (including how many calories you should be taking in a day) as well as how many calories you should be burning a week (it also has suggestions for work outs if you aren't sure where to start.) Every week you can track how much you lost and it will make a fun, fancy graph for you that shows your progress! If you need motivation, there are blogs from other users. There is a whole section on the website right now about how to survive this calorie-overload season we call the holidays. Sometimes, it even suggests to indulge a little :)

I really suggest using SparkPeople. It's free. It does what you want it to. All you need to do is really dig deep to find that motivation to continue to input in your information everyday and to weigh yourself weekly. It will adjust your meal plan accordingly, which will help you in your progress.

2 comments:

  1. mmm I am religiously on my fitness pal, they don't make your meals but its a great community and you can set your goals, etc..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Fitness Pal! I mostly needed the meal thing because I didn't know how to cook or even what to eat lol, so SparkPeople helps me out the most that way.

      Delete