Thursday, December 6, 2012

Not Just a Pretty Face

I like to think that the first thing people look at, or the place that they stare at when I'm communicating with them...is my face. Although this may not always be the case, I always make sure that my face is presentable.

This does not mean I'm going to deck myself out in make-up to look 'pretty', but I'm going to take care of my skin. I'm going to treat it well, love it, and rub fantastic face products all over it to keep it clean, new, and moisturized.
Now before I had to stop spoiling myself *sigh*, I was an Estee Lauder Addict. I mean once you find a facial routine that works, you HAVE to stick with it. You stop using a product for one day and *BAM*, its zit city. My routine is simple, but the products were expensive. I'd wash my face with Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Splash Away Foaming Cleanser (even sounds fancy...) for $20.00. I would then use a toner, Perfectly Clean Fresh Balancing Lotion (why on Earth they call it a lotion when its a liquid, is beyond me) for $21.50. Finally I'd moisturize my face with Bronze Goddess Golden Perfection Self-tanning Lotion for Face (yes, it did moisturize) for $25.00. 

Obviously I needed to stop using those products, but it was hard. I didn't want my skin to react badly simply because I wanted to save money. So I started switching one thing at a time...

First: Face Wash
Now I use: Olay Total Effects: 7 in One (Never too early to start anti-aging!) for $9.00
Second: Moisturizer
Side Note: I actually tried to stop using moisturizer. BAD IDEA. My face looked worse than it did when I was 14. I actually went into Macy's to buy my toner, and the lady at the counter asked me if I use moisturizer. I said I stopped because I'm on a budget. She gave me free samples. Kind of insulting..but generous act. That right there shows you that moisturizer is so important for a healthy complexion, even if you have an oily skin type..so do I!
Now I use: Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer for about $8

I can honestly tell you that there is not a third change....
I haven't stopped using the Estee Lauder Toner, I'm sorry, 'Lotion'. I just haven't been able to find anything similar for a lower price. So I can't sacrifice everything...but I saved myself a lot of money so far. Also, I'm open for suggestions if you have any!

So what have we learned today, class?
1) you can find facial care that works without going to a department store (my twinnie will hate me for that. She works for Clinque. Don't get me wrong I do love their Dramatically Different Moisturizer...but I don't love the price.) As I've said before, go to Ulta for your beauty needs. Its the same price as grocery/drug stores, and you get rewards :)
2) Find yourself a damn routine. and NEVER stop using a moisturizer.

Don't just be a pretty face, be a money-conscious shopper <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment