Saturday, February 23, 2013

Get All Up In My Business: Where I've been this past...month.

Well, according to Blogger Statistics, it shows plenty of you read my last post about 'needing you help.' I got a whopping two of you who gave me advice, that is very much appreciated. Wish I had more to go off of, but that just means that if you don't like what I'll be writing about, you should have participated when I was looking for opinions. Of course, I'm always taking suggestions along the way.

Here's what I came up with:

I'll be trying to write every other day. Mostly on Mondays, Wednesday, Fridays..and probably one day on the weekend to give you a blurb about my life (just like I am now). I have decided to create certain 'subjects' on those days, but you'll have to wait. They might change every once in awhile to keep you on your toes.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I think the last time I gave you an update on my life, was at the beginning of the year..when I had the flu. If you wanted to know, I'm feeling great (well, considering its been over a  month now). I feel like everything else in my life though has pretty much been going the same since I started this blog. Still working the same jobs. Still in the same apartment with the same great boyfriend. There has been little up's and down's here and there. Luckily, my boss at Sweetchic gave me an awesome book called "One Line a Day: a Five-Year Memory Book", so I can look back and recall what I actually did. Nathan and I have been trying to fill this out every night. We were doing really well...starting to slack a  bit, or our lives just aren't that interesting that we need to take note.

 Here we go:
I dropped a pant size. YAY!

I got a new tattoo in memory of my grandma (blog post to come).

I was able to see my Twinnie Twin Twin and her rock (oh, and Steve ;) ) when they came back home.

I thought about running the Chicago Marathon. I've chosen not run, as I would have only a week to make my final decision, and lets face it, I'm not that spontaneous.

We saw the move Side Effects. I recommend it. Make sure you bring someone along who you can have a critical thinking conversation after.

We found out Nathan has to go to India. Yes, you heard me right...INDIA, not Indiana. It's for work. I'm proud of him, but very anxious. It's only for a week. I'm used to having him travel within the U.S ..only for three days..and only 1-2 hours time difference. Now were talking it's bedtime here, and he is just starting his work day there. With my funky work schedule, communication is going to be really difficult. If you know me, you know I'm not very optimistic, so of course I'm only thinking of all the bad things that could happen. And jealous, because the Taj Mahal is on my Bucket List.  I'm super anxious. I'm not quite sure how you military spouses/girlfriends/boyfriends do it (Yes, I know your situation is a lot more anxiety-causing).  But, do you have any suggestions for the time zone difference? Any suggestions on how to  get rid of my anxiety that he will be so far away? I heard India has a lot of gold...some great jewels...some great jewelry. Hint. Hint.

Registered for the Color Run!

For Valentines Day, I made Nathan some delicious treats and a card. I got some chocolates...and tickets to the Blackhawksssss. Woop Woop Woop. We are going tomorrow! Super excited. If there is one thing I know how to cheer its, "Lets Go Hawks!"

For our V-Day Celebration (on that Saturday) we checked out a place called Municipal Bar. Not anything fancy, and your typical  bar atmosphere. I was all like "I don't really want to go to a nice dinner because I'm not really that fancy type of girl." Well it turns out this girl likes to be wined and dined occasionally. Yes, I still had a great time, but the atmosphere was the complete opposite of what 'Valentine's Day stands for'. Looking at Municipal Bar as a place to grab drinks and dinner though? Hell ya! I thought the food was pretty good, and there menu was better than your average bar fare. The layout and design of the bar is really awesome. Very Chicago-like with maps and diagrams of the CTA system on glass walls. Exposed brick. Huge Bar. Lots of T.V's. Those big round comfy booths that can fit like ten people in them. Attractive women in skintight black clothing (if you like that sort of thing). An extra detail that I really loved was the check came in a 'parking ticket' envelope. It's the details like that, that win me over. I would  recommend Municipal Bar for larger groups who want to go out to watch a game or who are celebrating a special night (bachelor/ette, birthday) before you really hit it hard.

We will be going to Hawaii in August! Any places we should check out?

I started training for a half-marathon. No, I don't have a particular race in mind, but it's great training to get in shape for whatever race I want to do! I'm a week in and going strong.

My dad had back surgery, but is recovery great and quickly!

Well, for having my life not change that much, there sure are a lot of little things going on. I think I have you all caught up. Sorry its so long. If I keep this blogging going, I wont have to bore you like this very often.

Watch out for another blog on Monday. I'll be talking about one of my obsessions (can you guess what it is?), and how I still get away with it while on a budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment