Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hey You! Ya, You! I need your help. Seriously.

Oh, this is just a shame. I have literally neglected my blog. It's just so hard to keep on top of this. It was just a mere month ago that I was apologizing for something like this before. and I prooomised that it wouldn't happen again. Well aren't I just a disappointment? I would have dumped my ass by now.

I'm going to try to go about doing this blog a different way. I'm going to make it more organized. Somehow the most organized person (uh, me) didn't consider doing this before because 'I thought I could handle it just like this. That I would simply remember to post..a lot.' I was wrong.

I'd like to start organizing the blog by having each day be a category. It will remind me to write. That doesn't mean that I will write every single day (because lets face it, I don't always have time for you), but pretty damn close.

But I need your help. I know what I like to write about, and I know how I like to write it. For instance, I love writing how to's with sarcastic, stereotypical humor, but are still useful. I love talking about myself and what is going on in my life because its clear my mind. I like talking about Pinterest, weddings, fitness/health, saving money, beauty/clothes, relationships...pretty much anything.

But what do you want me to talk about? What do you enjoy reading? How can I write it so it's more entertaining for you? What are some of your favorite posts that I've previously written? That may give me a good direction.

I've thrown some ideas around, and I could come up with these categories on my own, but your input would be greatly appreciated. Just to give you an idea what direction I was headed in (although some of these are too cheesey , that I don't think I can move forward with them...)

$$ Monday (obviously about saving money...because that's what I love to do)
Tip Tuesday (the tip could be about anything, which is where I'm looking for your help to tell me what you want me to write about...)
Either like a Work Out Wednesday or Fitness Friday
How-To Thursday

What I would really like to do is keep Saturdays and Sundays to a more personal blog. Kind of keeping you up to date on my life, other than on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Foursquare...

I also wouldn't mind having days just simply dedicated to crap on Pinterest or being a domesticated lady.

Please *hands clasped together* Please *falls to knees* PLEASE *starts shaking you by your legs* give me some input! I don't want to disappoint! Feel free to either comment on the blog itself  or in a comment on FB, or tweet.

7 comments:

  1. I do enjoy your writings, as you make your way along life's path and the many big and small testings/problems you encounter only a woman would face in our so called society where we all enjoy an equal status. I find each case enlightening and allows me to have a view of what a woman faces and permits me to weigh it against how a man is treated. I guess this would fall into your Saturday and Sunday personal blogs. Keep them coming...thank you...
    Ron (usmc_poet@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gardening! I think gardening in Chicago is a great place to start...ways to make it work...because it can happen and it really is an art. And when to plant and harvest, etc. in all the different regions.

    DIY crafts made from things we use often. Empty wine bottles, egg cartons, old clothes, etc. Daily stuff that we can re invent.

    Hmmm...recipes. Ranging from crock pot, to pre made (able to home cook and freeze so you're still eating a home cooked meal on the go...I do this all the time!), to ways to dress up ramen, to gourmet...etc. Tell the stories of your experience through step by step with photos.

    Ways to make all these crazy instagram photos and facebook photos real memories and not just digital ones (but be respectful to real photographers ;)) hehe

    Ways to enjoy the midwest (and other regions...) that people don't think of. Places to go...camp, hike, cute picnic places, etc.

    I don't know. Just a few thoughts haha

    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOO and you could feature some restaurants in Chicago or coffee shops and little hole in the walls...tourists love that kind of insight...and living there is what made me/makes you the keeper of info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey thanks for all your ideas Erin!!

    You will be seeing a lot of DIY and recipes (most likely on Fridays!)

    If I could garden..I would write about it. But I was given a Flower in A Can as a gift, and it didn't even germinate :( Not only can I not even keep plants alive, they won't even grow around me!

    Now that you've mentioned the whole places to check out in Chicago, things to do in the Midwest.... I might start doing something like that. Won't be very often as I don't get out very much haha, but I really really like the idea :)Thanks for the advice!

    And Ron..I ran with what you said about "problems only a woman would face." I'll be doing a post on Wednesday all about things from a woman's perspective! Thanks for the idea starter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you've never eaten at Cafe Babareeba, it's the place to start hehe! OR wait until I come home in April & let's go eat there together!!! MY FAVORITE PLACE. I freakin' salivate thinking about it...hahaha

    Also, your gardening stuff may be a good thing though, because as you learn you can teach. So many people don't know how to garden. Start simple. Like you can re grow celery & romaine lettuce real easy :) Otherwise no biggie. Maybe I'll do that haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I do have a flower box on my balcony that sat empty all summer and fall..maybe I'll try this year :)

    And I have heard of it and heard wonderul things of babareeba (and its fun to say!)

    Let me know when your home!

    ReplyDelete