Monday, February 25, 2013

What Are You Wearing?

Welcome to my Monday Posts, where each week I'll be talking about a product I love. Of course like my previous posts on my favorite products, you will always find money savings tips and humor. Have a product you think I should try? I'm always up for new things, so let me know, and I'll review it!




"What Are You Wearing?"

Probably one of the top questions that I get asked on a daily basis. We aren't talking dirty here. We aren't talking designer. Well, unless you're talking about perfume.

I have an obsession. Perfume.

Thanks to my mother, I have a quite unusual love for fine fragrance. Not just on me either. On men. On other women. In the Store. Walking in Macy's Fragrance Department is like Christmas morning.

I would also say I have quite a talent by identifying fragrances on others. It's kind of creepy, but I can get one wiff of you, and I know the perfume. To prove I'm right, I will ask you. No matter where we are. This happens most often when I'm working at the host stand. My normal spiel of "Do you have a reservation?" turns into "Are you wearing Burberry Body?"

Now, this is not an inexpensive obsession, my friends. Designer perfumes are as much as a week's worth of groceries. If you want to have a 'signature scent' by all means, buy that Chanel. But if you're like me and must wear a new scent each day, you've got to find other options besides Givenchy.

Now I'm sure you'll notice the Prada and Chanel right up front, but that's because sometimes I'm spoiled by my Perfume Addict Mother.

Don't want to drop a hundo on a good smelling liquid in a fancy bottle? Not a problem, I got those too.

I still get PLENTY of compliments on:

Bath and Body Works Body Mist
How much you'll spend: $14
My Favorites: Sensual Amber, Twilight Woods
Cons: Since it's a Body Mist and not a 'perfume' the scent doesn't last as long. You will need to reapply often. It helps if you put in on right after the shower, and if you use the matching lotion ($11). Or BBW offers Eau De Toillette's in some of their signature fragrances, which run at about $30. Still cheaper than department store!
For the Men: They offer Body Sprays and Eau De Tiollette's in Men's Fragranes as well. Same prices as above.

Celebrity Perfumes (Available Outside of Department Stores)
How much you'll spend: $6-$30
Examples: JWoww (Yes, I own this.), Britney Spears, Justin Bieber, Jennifer Lopez
Where you can find these: Target
Cons: These are normally smaller bottles, they run out faster. They also sell designer brands at Target, but again they are the smaller bottles, and the value (and sometimes I swear the product quality) is not as good as department stores.
For the Men: Usher, Michael Jordan

OMG Moment: As I was searching on Target.com for more examples, I found one of my favorite fragrances that was discontinued in department stores. FCUK by French Connection. Just in case anyone wants to spoil me for a bit...

Clothing Store Perfumes
How much you'll spend: $11- $40
Examples: Gilly Hicks (have it!), American Eagle, Hollister, Charlotte Russe, Victoria's Secret
Cons: It might be a little embarrassing going into some of those stores because only high schoolers shop there , eh hem, Hollister. But it smells soo gooood
For the Men:
All these stores have men's fragrances as well. I've always love AE and VS men's fragrances.



So tell me, what are some of your favorite fragrances? Any I should try? I'm always up for fragrance donations :)





No comments:

Post a Comment