Sunday, March 3, 2013

Breakin' Records

Here's what you missed....


Last Sunday, we went to the Blackhawks game. We WON! It was really exciting to be there after they also broke a record last Friday (if you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm sorry, but your not a fan.)

Speaking of #selfies ahahah




So while everyone else was watching the Oscars. I was enjoying the Blackhawks win (of course while checking my Twitter to see the winners!)

On Wednesday, I purchased my JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE AND JAY-Z TICKETS ON PRE-SALE!! So here is the story: I was waiting for the bus to go to work, scrolling through Facebook, when I came across B96, giving a reminder that pre-sale started in an hour. IMMEDIATE PANIC. I hadn't even set up my Ticketmaster account yet (which makes for a quicker and easier purchase). I found the pre-sale code on Facebook. When I got on the bus, I logged onto Ticketmaster and made myself an account. This is very very difficult on a bus, let alone on a screen the size of my hand. Let the shakes begin. I am not a spontaneous person. So, when I thought that I wasn't going to purchase these tickets till Thursday morning..and I had to improvise...the shaking just doesn't stop. So desperate, I even put my CC number in on the bus! As soon as I got off, speed walked as fast as I could without falling on the slush, to the work loft.  Got in, logged on, and impatiently waited till 10. It took me soooooo many tries just to get ticket options to appear. Finally, when they did. I wasn't satisfied. My poor boss; I'm just over there blabbing, so frustrated. So I would go back and try again, realizing how big of a risk I was taking, that those could be the only tickets left. Eventually, I got a section that I felt was reasonable for the price I was willing to pay. I would have loved to get seats closer, but I don't think they sell tickets for "On Top of JT".

After my 5 mile run yesterday morning (record broken!), we traveled to the burbs to hang with the fam. Oh, and to get this blonde spiced up! My hair was in need for someTLC. I made a delicious Chicken Pot-Pie Pasta for dinner. You'll see this recipe on Friday!! Last night we also stopped by a Johnsburg bar (for those of you familiar, the one in the old Raymond's Bowing Alley) to see a friend who works there. The bar had fire pits outside for those who want to smoke. It smelled like typical Johnsburg to me; bonfire smoke and beer.

This morning we traveled back into the city, and I took a short run outside. Beautiful perfect run. Although I'm no Bears Fan, it's quite awesome to be able to run around Soldier Field anytime I want.

Boyfriend's cousins (who I have yet to meet!) are in town and we will be joining them for dinner tonight! And guess what? They're Packer fans. They are already family to me :)

Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment