Friday, March 1, 2013

I Heart Pinterest: Bucket List

If you don't have a Pinterest now-a-days, that is a #firstworldproblem. If you don't even know what that word is, where have you been living?

Pinterest is probably in the Top 5 on the list of  "Things that Distract Women From Doing What They Are Supposed To Be Doing." We're always on Pinterest. That's a bit of an exaggeration, but not too far fetched. When you start saying, "Oh ya, I saw that on Pinterest", you're officially addicted. Welcome to the club; where you have to designate at least 20 minutes of your day (which turns into 2 hours), to scrolling through 'pins' of bouquets for our non-existent wedding, outfits we can't afford, DIY's that go way wrong, and recipes which require ingredients we never knew existed.

Basically, we all pin images to our designated boards marked "Yum", "Dream Wedding", "DIY", "Workout" and "Style"...and they just sit there. How often do you refer to that tutorial on a Wine Bottle Windchime? NEVER. We make all the time in the world to sit on Pinterest, but when it comes to executing things we find, we never have time for that. Crazy, right?

Here's where I come in. I'm kind of here to give you that motivation to actually do something with your Pinterest. Every Friday I'll be tackling a new 'Board' on Pinterest, either demonstrating what I've done, or giving you suggestions on how to actually use your board, rather than it just sit there collect quotes upon quotes upon quotes...

Board: Bucket List

I've seen quite a few people have this board. Other related boards may include "Travel", "Places I Want To Go", "Things I Want To Do".

So we pin all these ridiculously beautiful destinations and *sigh* wish we could be there. Some teenager has even taken the time to make a image that says "Learn the Choreography from Dirty Dancing" on a picture of them dancing (think "Sylvia...Yes Mickey?..How do you call your lover boy?...Come here lover boyyy...).

We have all created these pretty amazing bucket lists, but do we even use them as there supposed to be used? Isn't that the point of a bucket list...to actually cross things off? Many of us are just pinning to this board because its fun. But why not do these things? Why not really live out your bucket list? Sure, some of them are pretty out there, and cost a lot of money and time. But start with little things...



CHECK!

This is my Grandma's handwriting. I get my tattoos done at Redwood's Wild Side Tattoo in Richmond, IL.

I've already checked something off my bucket list, and I hope to complete more. I have several places that I want to see in Hawaii listed on there, so I'm hoping I'll be able to knock a few items off my bucket list in August!

Hoping to share more Bucket List experiences with you in the future.

So take that Bucket List and do something!! Check out my Bucket List here.

On an unrelated note, I started my 31 Days of Spring Cleaning today. First up: medicine cabinet. Cleaned and organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment